Hope you had a yummy and fantastic Thanksgiving. I’m still eating pie…
As you know, I’ve been using NaNoWrimo to work on finishing the first draft of my manuscript. I’m happy to report that I have completed my 50,000 words for the month, which means that I’ve officially won NaNo for the second year in a row! While I can check that off of my to-do list, I’m still plugging away on my first draft. Adding 50K words to my total is awesome, but I’m still not done!
It’s amazing how different my attitude towards NaNo was this year. Knowing that it was possible to win (since I’d done it last year) gave me a huge dose of confidence. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would reach my goal, and I did!
This month has been full of lots cool stuff –
- I somehow managed to keep a video journal of my NaNo journey. Click the link to check out my NaNoWriMo 2012 Videos
- Mayor Cory Booker started following me on Twitter. If you knew me, you would know how excited this made me! 🙂 He’s a politician that I trust and respect, so I had a complete nerdy fan girl moment. In reality I reacted like my niece would react to anything One Direction…
- My muse is in overdrive! I had another FANTASTIC idea for a book come to me this month. I’ve jotted down some notes and a rough outline, and I can’t wait to dive into it!
- I saw Breaking Dawn Part 2…More on that here
- I’ve seen my characters develop, and even more plot holes get filled
- I ate lots and lots of pie…
My critique partner Danielle is gearing up to attend a serious writing conference. In preparation, she’s been working on getting the first three chapters of her WIP edited and in shape to be read and critiqued. She also had to work on writing a query letter (egads!). As a good critique partner I got to read and give my opinion, and I cant’ tell you how much the whole process has motivated me. I’m amazed by her writing, and I think seeing her progress with her manuscript gives me such drive to move forward with my own.
I’m getting closer to finishing my first draft, and after that editing will come, and I’m soooo looking forward to that! I have to shut my inner editor down on almost a daily basis, so it will be fun to finally set her free!
I think I’m mostly looking forward to seeing my book take shape.
Well, I’m off! Going to try to push myself to write another 15-20k before the month is over!
How was your writing November?